- RSS Channel Showcase 2053616
- RSS Channel Showcase 6599124
- RSS Channel Showcase 4264939
- RSS Channel Showcase 7932333
Articles on this Page
- 10/14/06--06:57: _Almond Milk: How U...
- 10/28/06--08:53: _Bucking Conventiona...
- 11/14/06--05:58: _Garum (Fish Sauce) ...
- 02/25/07--08:37: _The Awful Truth Abo...
- 11/21/08--22:50: _Heatlhy Strong Kids
- 12/14/08--11:39: _Essential Cookbooks...
- 10/09/11--14:55: _Paleo Recipes: Real...
- 01/14/12--09:37: _Taste Like Green Fr...
- 02/29/12--09:04: _Make Your Kid a Pal...
- 09/01/12--14:56: _Practical Paleo
- 04/09/14--10:25: _Primal Cravings
- 05/07/15--17:00: _Homegrown Paleo
- 10/14/06--06:57: Almond Milk: How Unsweet It Is!
- 10/28/06--08:53: Bucking Conventional Wisdom
- 11/14/06--05:58: Garum (Fish Sauce) The Ketchup of Antiquity
- 02/25/07--08:37: The Awful Truth About Twinkies
- 11/21/08--22:50: Heatlhy Strong Kids
- 12/14/08--11:39: Essential Cookbooks on my Shelf
- 10/09/11--14:55: Paleo Recipes: Really Old Time Comfort Food
- 01/14/12--09:37: Taste Like Green French Fries?
- 02/29/12--09:04: Make Your Kid a Paleo Pal!
- 09/01/12--14:56: Practical Paleo
- 04/09/14--10:25: Primal Cravings
- 05/07/15--17:00: Homegrown Paleo
Many thanks to blog reader, Amy, for alerting me to yet another reason the demand for almonds has gone up: the arrival of an unsweetened almond milk product line on store shelves that has apparantly been the new buzz on the Protein Power Discussion Forum of late.
Today I spotted an interesting article by Tom Avril (Scripps-McClatchy News Service) titled in our local paper: Researcher counters meteor versus dinosaur theory of extinction.
No doubt you've heard the recent news that has the archeological world all atwitter of the remains of a 1st Century Roman cargo ship, originally discovered in 2000, in shallow waters off the coast of Spain. News of a major shipwreck find always grabs my eye, because of a strong interest on my part (and a mild to moderate obsession on Mike's part) with the romance of discovering and excavating a shipwreck.
A reader sent us a heads up on a recent Newsweek article by Anne Underwood, titled "Mmm Tasty Chemicals" about the upcoming publication of a sort of tell-all book about America's iconic junk food: the Twinkie.
About once a week I get a letter from someone asking if there is a good book on how to feed kids to keep them strong and healthy or to help them lose weight and get fit. There aren’t many and we even know of some good ones that couldn’t find a publishing home. With [...]
As I’ve mentioned in these pages many times, I have an extensive cookbook library that takes up several bookcases in our homes–duplicated in many cases, since we split our time between two houses. I’m not sure of the exact count, but it’s up there. Guests to our home often ask if I really use them [...]
When you find yourself longing for a return to the ‘old ways’ of eating, you may be thinking about Granny’s Sunday pot roast. But if you really want to return to the old ways, Julie and Charles Mayfield’s Paleo Comfort Food is the ticket. They’ve carefully crafted a guidebook to comfort food eating that harkens [...]
Heading into 2012 means shedding a few holiday pounds that Mike and I accumulated on the “experiment” (see his blog) we undertook. So for the next several weeks we will be trudging down the nutritional holy road of near-abstinence from carbs and total abstinence from that carbohydrate gateway drug, alcohol. It’s only day 5 and [...]
If you have adopted a paleo diet (or even a sensible, but less purist form of low carb eating) for yourself and marveled at the change in you, have you ever wondering if you should encourage your kids to adopt the same nutritional structure? The answer is: of course you should! If you can’t figure [...]
Seems there has been nothing short of a deluge of paleo diet books coming out lately and most of them are quite good, but one came across my desk that I think will prove exceedingly helpful to folks trying to adopt the paleo lifestyle in a modern world. It’s called Practical Paleo and the name [...]
Among the many paleo cookbooks that have come out lately–and there have been dozens with the rise of interest in eating in sync with our ancient genome–one that I really like is Primal Cravings: Your Favorite Foods Made Paleo by Megan McCullough Keatley and Brandon Keatley. recipes are good, solid nutritional takes on such beloved […]
In Disney’s movie Frozen, Elsa famously asked Anna, ‘Do you wanna build a snowman?’ For me, better lyrics would be ‘Do you wanna build a farm?’ and my answer would be a resounding ‘YES!’ Ever since I read Michael Pollan’s Omnivore’s Dilemma, I’ve longed to build my own ‘Polyface’ farm. I dream of happy chickens […]